The The 17th Annual Monster Bash returns on Saturday, October 28th from 6pm to Midnight to transform the iconic Gaslamp Quarter into a wicked wonderland unlike ever seen before. Drawing flocks of costumed crowds from every state in the US, Monster Bash has earned its title as one of So Cal’s hottest Halloween block parties and 2017 promises to be the biggest show yet. The event boasts five themed stages to transport revelers into hellish realms of fear and intrigue with stacked lineups of world class entertainment with DJ sets and live performances by trap, edm, hip hop, house, and progressive artists.
Each year Monster Bash pushes the limits of creativity with epic themed stages that transport partygoers out of Downtown and into twisted realms that tip-toe the line between guests’ most twisted fantasies and biggest fears. Step right up to the big top terror of Clown Carnage where menacing painted faces lurk from every corner. Phantom clowns have been disturbing the country with their eerie appearances and they have now found their haven within the Monster Bash venue.
• The hot pink mansion of your childhood memories has gotten a gruesome makeover as your plastic host exacts her revenge on her torturous puppet masters in the Twisted Dream House. Don’t let the beautiful blondes fool you here – their melted faces hide a troubling secret that they won’t soon forget!
• At the Dia de los Muertos stage, come together to celebrate life and death amongst the lively collection of colors and ornately painted skulls. Spirits whirl through the air with lust and hidden glances as the party stokes the return of restless souls.
• A wasteland of forgotten corpses, dismembered creatures, and swarms of pestilence, Death & Decay is a nightmare come alive. Come to terms with your own morality and beware the kiss of death hanging on the air. Come to this stage to be judged and deemed fit for the $5K costume contest finals.
• Partygoers can upgrade their ticket with VIP perks to take their experience to the next level with exclusive access into the VIP Asylum. If you can read the writing on the wall, it is too late to turn back. Consumed by darkness and unable to escape, the VIP Asylum introduces you to a gang of abandoned asylum patients who have come to exact their revenge on the VIPs of Monster Bash. Within the Asylum, attendees enjoy 5 complimentary drinks, easy access entry, a VIP lounge, $1 off all drinks at the VIP bar, private upgraded comfort station restrooms (no more going in the dark!), and more!
• NEW this year we are revamping the competition with the Death & Decay stage, a dedicated costume contest stage where everyone can be judged by a celebrity panel of your favorite local radio jocks! Monster Bash hosts San Diego’s most creative, over-the-top costumed revelers as they compete in the infamous Monster Bash Costume Contest finals where they take to the stage to win the applause of the crowd. Ditch store-bought costumes and start planning your costume now for your chance to win big – the crowd favorite receives an insane $5000 CASH prize. This is the largest cash prize for a costume contest in San Diego so be prepared for the show of a lifetime!
Join us for an incredible night of costumed reveling at the San Diego Monster Bash! Get your tickets now to ensure you won’t miss out on this notorious Halloween block party!
Tickets not valid for refunds, cash value or exchanges. NO EXCEPTIONS. RAIN or SHINE!
The Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation, SoCo Production Inc,. McFarlane Promotions, Inc. and Monster Bash organizers reserve the right to refuse entrance to anyone. All articles are subject to search. With admission, event producers reserve the right to use photos in graphic images taken at Monster Bash. No video cameras, cameras, alcohol, simulated weapons, illegal drugs, weapons, tents, tape recorders, lawn chairs, portable chairs, bicycles, wagons, large backpacks, skateboards, roller blades, coolers, cans, glass containers, large bags, umbrellas or pets will be allowed.
The holder assumes all risk or danger incidental to the attraction whether occurring prior to, during, or subsequent to the attraction.
Monster Bash organizers cannot guarantee all drinks and specials at participating VIP venues. All drinks and specials must be redeemed between hours of event unless otherwise stated. Monster Bash VIP drinks and specials are subject to change.